Thursday, November 20, 2008

ROSS WREDE REQUESTS $1 BILLION FROM GOVERNMENT BAILOUT


Ross Wrede, an upstanding citizen and usually a real nice guy, contacted his congressional delegation today requesting one billion dollars from the federal government's $700 billion bailout.

"If the automakers, banks, and just about every business in America can get a piece of the big pie, I figure I might as well get my part of the action too." said Mr. Wrede from his Beaverton, OR home. " One billion dollars would pay off my mortgage and a few other bills I have. With Christmas coming up, I could buy some great gifts for my friends and family. I'd do my best to stimulate the retail sector which has been in the doldrums as of late."

Oregon Congressman David Wu who represents Mr. Wrede was unavailable for comment. Oregon Senator Ron Wyden made this brief statement: "Sounds like a great idea to me. I wonder if I can apply for some of this money too. I will have to check that out."

No comments: